Joyful Python Web App development
Appier is an object-oriented Python web framework built for super fast app development. It's as lightweight as possible, but not too lightweight. It gives you the power of bigger frameworks, without their complexity.
Your first app can be just a few lines long:
return "Hello World"
Running it is just as simple:
pip install appier
Your "Hello World" app is now running at http://localhost:8080.
It features the following:
- WSGI compliant
- Python 3 compatible
- RESTful request dispatching
- Asynchronous request handling support
- Templating, using Jinja2
- Data model layer, currently supports MongoDB and TinyDB
- Automatic JSON response encoding for fast API development
- Automatic admin interface, using Appier Extras
- Internationalization (i18n) support
- Flexible project configuration
For the purposes of rapid web development, Appier goes well with Netius (web server) and UXF (client side graphical library) as a whole stack.
- Events - how to send information across the app
- Logging - how to log your app's activity
- Email - how to send emails
Appier is currently licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.